WIN A $1000 SCHOLARSHIP IN THE RYERSON RAMS DESIGN CONTEST
Ryerson Athletics is pleased to announce its first ever design contest created to solicit awesome new designs for its spirit wear program. The contest is open to registered Ryerson students only and will be accepting submissions up until midnight of February 17th, 2017.
To determine an ultimate winner Ryerson Athletics will select the top three designs, each of which will then be silkscreened on 50 black t-shirts and put on sale at the Team Store in the Mattamy Athletic Centre for $20 each. The winner of the contest will be the design that;
a) Is the first to sell all 50 t-shirts or,
b) If no design sells out in the first 7 days, the design that has sold the most t-shirts in that period
The three finalists will be announced the week of February 27th along with the date that the designs will go on sale.
Designs will be evaluated based on a number elements, including but not limited to;
· Compliance with the overall theme as detailed below
· Originality and overall retail potential
· Ease of reproduction on t-shirts, hoodies and sweatshirts
· Adherence to the design specifications as detailed below
Ryerson Athletics is in the process of defining what it means to be a Ryerson Ram, or in other words, creating an attitude around the brand that every Ryerson student can identify with and be proud to be part of. This attitude we’re looking for revolves around certain words; words like bold, fearless, inclusive, innovative, daring and courageous, just to name a few. Ultimately, when people hear Ryerson Rams we want them to think- difference makers.
Preference will be given to those designs that capture and communicate this theme in a unique and creative way.
To be eligible each design must be submitted in accordance with the following;
1. Must include in some form either the “Ryerson Rams” or the “R” logo.
To download logos:
- open 1 of the 2 files ('Horizontal Application' or 'Vertical Application')
- click on an eps logo file
- select download in the top right corner
- a sign up box will appear, at the bottom of the box, click 'No thanks, continue to download'
2. Designs are to be created in either Adobe Photoshop or Adobe Illustrator or a similar design
program that can be edited and submitted as either a .ai, .psd or .pdf. file.
3. Designs and colours should easily transferable to a black t-shirt
4. Designs must be original and without copyright material or elements
GENERAL GUIDELINES AND CONTEST RULES
All designs submitted become the property of Ryerson Athletics. Other than the $1,000 Scholarship awarded to the ultimate winner, contest applicants will receive no economic benefit from the sale of any product bearing their design during the contest period or at any point in the future. Contest applicants agree by submitting a design to waive their rights to any claims against Ryerson Athletics, its employees and agents. Ryerson Athletics reserves the right in its sole discretion to reject any and all submissions.
SUBMITTING A DESIGN
To be eligible designs must be submitted to email@example.com with the subject line “Design Contest” no later midnight February 17, 2017. Entries received to any other email or in any other manner will not be eligible. The submission must include your name, student # and telephone number. By submitting a design, entrants are deemed to have acknowledged and accepted all the terms and conditions of the contest.