Varsity Equipment Coordinator
Posted: June 12, 2012
Vacancy Type: Term Vacancy Notice
End: One year from start date
Department: Athletics and Recreation
Salary Scale: $51,332.65-$61,293.87
Hours of Work: 36.25 hours per week
Qualified OPSEU members will be considered before members of other employee groups. This is a term vacancy with a guarantee to return to home position.
Maintains and plans equipment and uniform inventory for varsity teams. Responsible for purchasing athletics and recreational equipments, supplies, varsity team/staff/club uniforms and clothing within budget limitations and sourcing guidelines. Ensures equipment is maintained, complies with required safety standards, and is kept in good working order. Sources and utilizes preferred suppliers to streamline purchasing process and ensures compliance with approved budgets, league rules, and branding requirements. Acts as the on-site ‘equipment manager' for the hockey teams. This includes travel with the teams as required.
- Successful completion of a post secondary diploma in Sports Administration, Recreation or a related field with a minimum of 3 years of related work experience, including 2 years in an Equipment Manager role within a University, Provincial or National Team, and at least 1 year of experience in a purchasing function; tracking budgets, vendor management and purchasing of inventory
- Experience in developing systems for tracking and forecasting inventory requirements for equipment and uniforms; maintaining accurate databases of in-stock levels of sports equipment; researching available suppliers; making recommendations for long term purchasing plans for the varsity team
- Strong financial acumen required to monitor expenditures, review account statements; guarantee timely payment and receipt of goods and services; ensuring expenditures are in-line with the University's purchasing policies
- Excellent organizational skills required to effectively manage purchasing and distribution of athletic and recreational equipment, team uniforms, and supplies
- Strong problem solving skills, with the ability to provide efficient assistance with the set up and breakdown of the team facilities (i.e. dressing room set-up, seating) adhering to the rules and procedures for both home and away game
- A demonstrated commitment to professional client service, specifically, to students, faculty, staff, alumni and members of the outside community.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team environment
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office; experience utilizing GroupWise and Class recreation management database system would be considered an asset
- Candidates may be asked to demonstrate qualifications through an occupational test.
- Candidates must have a demonstrated record of dependability/reliability and a commitment to maintain confidentiality
Deadline to Apply: Wednesday June 27, 2012(4:30pm)