Fastpitch tryout information
TORONTO - The Ryerson Rams women's fastpitch coaching staff will be holding tryouts for the 2017 team. Ryerson University full time students, who are registered for the 2017 fall semester, are eligible for the team.
New players should register in advance of the tryouts by emailing head coach Wayne Nishihama at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the following information: name, primary and secondary positions, previous club or high school teams, their Ryerson program and year of graduation.
Should the tryouts be cancelled due to rain, players who have registered in advance will be advised by email.
First Tryout - Mandatory
- Tuesday, August 29 - 6:30 p.m. (to register)
- Tryout begins 7:00 p.m. and ends 9:30 p.m.
- Note: some cuts will be made after the first tryout
Second Tryout - By invite only
- Thursday, August 31 - 7:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- East Toronto Athletic Fields (175 Main St., Toronto, ON M4E 2W2)
What to Bring
- Glove, athletic clothing and cleats/running shoes;
- Batting helmets and bats (helmets and bats will be available, if you don't have one);
- It is recommended that players wear either baseball pants or have sliding pads;
- Those trying out for catcher must bring their own equipment
If you need further information, please contact head coach Wayne Nishihama at email@example.com